A Brief History
Sacred Heart Convent School, Transport Nagar is a unit of the Delhi Province of the Sisters of Charity of Jesus and Mary (SCJM), an international Religious Congregation, started in Belgium in the year 1803. The congregation was born in the after math of the French Revolution in response to the needs of that time.
The war had left untold miseries: huge financial loss, countless number of orphans and widows, mental patients, sick people, physically disabled, and the like. A notable young priest, Rev. Fr. Triest, in charge of the parish of Lovendegem, Gent, was touched by this deplorable condition and took the initiative to remedy the situation.
Eventually, a small group of women joined him in his endeavor to alleviate this human suffering through caring for the sick, looking after the orphans and teaching the young for the love of God and humanity. This group of women was eventually recognized and legalized as the congregation of the SCJM, whose mission it is to reveal God is Love. They achieve this through various means such as education-formal and informal, health care and social services.